Thursday, February 28, 2019

Madame Butterfly Claymation


This video was very interesting and different to watch, I have only ever seen a claymation movie once in my life and I was very young so I don’t remember it too well.  What I gathered from this video was that the puppet butterfly was lonely and then a sailor came to the island she was on and they were romantic with each other.  After he left, she seemed to be sad and was waiting for him to return.  She had also gotten pregnant and gave birth to what looked like an animal that then grew into a young child.  This was very odd to me because it was not a typical childbirth.  The scene seemed to have gotten darker and darker throughout the video and caused a mood change.  The sailor had eventually come back and taken the child from the woman which was when the scene really changed and got dark and sad, you could almost feel the pain of the woman for her losing her two loves.  A beautiful moment in the video was when the women turns into a butterfly flying away which seems to represent her finally having the ability to be free of pain and leave the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment